July 4, 2017...clayGEEK has moved and NATHAN BRAY is my clayGEEK Artist of the Day!

MOVING DAY, NATHAN BRAY and PATRIOTISM (kinda)
clayGEEK blog has moved to BlogSpot.  I want to reach more potters and people! 
Here we. go! 

 
   I want to be super, SUPER patriotic today, so my clayGEEK blog Artist of the Day is my friend NATHAN BRAY!  I first saw Nathan's work in one of the TEABOWL NATIONAL I organized.  HIs work is fluid, organic and altogether yummy.  Below is the reason I chose him today.  He made one of my favorite cups this year. 


I bought one of these little beauties minute I saw it last Fall, had to, HAD TO HAVE IT!  I now have a collectors item and a very handsome mug with a terrific message!
This piece is porcelain with commercial glazes and luster...LUV the luster (wink).
 
Nathan has used several clay bodies...from stoneware to porcelain.  He throws and alters his work, lately adding vertical feet to enliven his work. 
 
Below you will see more of Nathans work:









 
 
 























Comments

Popular Posts